Statement of Faith
- in the Scripture of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired by God, inerrant in the original writings, and that they are the supreme and final authority in faith and life.
- in one God, eternally existing in three persons - Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary and is true God and true man.
- in the person of Satan and that his role on earth is to destroy the works of God and God's Church.
- that man was created in the image of God; that he sinned, and thereby incurred both physical death and spiritual death, which is separation from God; that all human beings are born with a sinful nature, causing them to sin in thought, word and deed.
- that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins, according to the Holy Scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice; and that all who believe in Him are justified solely on the ground of His shed blood.
- in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into Heaven, and in His present life there for us as High Priest and Advocate.
- Jesus Christ will return and until that time we are sustained through God’s grace as in Revelation 21.
- that all who receive, by faith, the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit, and thereby become children of God. We believe that the Holy Spirit baptizes every believer once, at the moment of conversion and indwells him thereafter. We believe that each believer is filled with the Holy Spirit as he yields control of his life to Christ. We believe the evidence of the presence and power of the Holy Spirit is the fruit of the Holy Spirit in the life of the believer.
Vision comes from the heart of God and is focused at Man. Healing Hearts Ministries Inc. began as a result of seeds that were planted at a Rising Above seminar. A vision began to form a place where people could come with all their wounds, pains, and failures and bring them to the foot of the cross in a safe, loving, and nonjudgmental environment; literally, a spiritual hospital. The thoughts and ideas started to come together and as the vision was shared it ministered to the hearts of those who heard it.
The vision of a spiritual hospital was real but there was no idea of what it would look like. Would it be a counseling centre, a support group, a twelve-step program, or would it look like a church? It was during a time of sharing this vision over a cup of coffee, sitting at a picnic table, that the vision became a reality. Why couldn't we have church around tables over a cup of coffee and spend a special time each week where we could bring all of who we are before the throne of God?
Sunday, September 4, 1994, was the start of the new concept ministry; following this vision would be an exercise in obedience.
Healing Hearts Ministries Inc. has continued to grow and evolve. What started as a few people sitting around a table with a cup of coffee sharing all their pain and bringing one another before the throne of God has developed into a vibrant local church with many missionaries and an ever-increasing influence in the community we minister to.
Healing Hearts Ministries Inc. has also changed from being just a local church to a mission organization that empowers, equips, and energizes people for the work of ministry at various locations across western Canada.As this vision has grown, we have seen a number of churches planted and other churches encouraged by the vision started by such a small seed many years ago. The vision to see a spiritual hospital has never left but is now being fulfilled by our ever-growing team. Together we strive to “Bring the Healing Touch of Jesus to Wounded Hearts.”